WE CARE ABOUT THE ENVIRONMENT!
BALLÖOM is a cruelty-free party! Therefore, we do not sell or use products derived from animals in our studio such as: feathers, leather, paints or office supplies.
• We promote the responsible use and disposal of balloons without compromising the environment.
• We use latex balloons, a natural based product and mostly recyclable products.
• Latex is not plastic but a natural, plant-based rubber.
• We use high quality latex balloons. Whereas, the cheaper balloons are made of a mixture of latex with plastic.
• Latex is extracted without harming the rubber tree.
• Trees in the rubber industry significantly contribute to the world’s tree canopy, vital in combatting climate change.
Latex is a biodegradable substance produced by rubber trees and breaks down within six months.
Our balloon manufacturer sources their latex from sustainable Rainforest Alliance Certified and Forest Stewardship Council Plantations. This contributes to building healthy forests, thriving communities and fights climate change.
RESPONSIBLE WASTE DISPOSAL
Latex balloons do breakdown BUT if they become litter they don't degrade sufficiently or quickly enough to prevent possible risk or harm to wildlife. We are committed to helping educate clients, venue managers and the public in the responsible use and correct disposal of balloons.
REUSE, REPURPOSE & RECYCLE
We also endeavour to re-use, repurpose and recycle as many of our products to ensure we maintain as little waste as possible.
NEVER RELEASE BALLOONS!
Although latex is biodegradable, we’re very aware of the impact that balloons can have if they are released into the environment and ingested by our wildlife.
We have a strict policy to not provide balloons for any events that intend to release them into the environment. All of our helium balloons are provided with weights to prevent them from flying away.
We are here to help you be environmentally responsible with our balloon installations at your event!
Installation removal can be done by us!*
BALLÖOM can remove your installation, pop each balloon, and dispose of each material properly.
If you choose to remove the installation yourself, our team will be reminding you to dispose of the balloons safely and never let them fly free into the environment.
We use limited foil and plastic balloons in our installations since these are not biodegradable, but recyclable only.
Important tip: Avoid having helium balloons in the open as you take the risk of them letting loose and escaping.
* additional fees apply.